Having Gradle preinstalled is one of the requirements for Android Studio. In this video, learn how to install Gradle via the Homebrew package manager.
- [Narrator] Now, at some point in this course, … we're going to be using the Android SDK … and Android Studio to run our applications. … Now to ensure that this process goes smoothly … without any problems, … we're going to make sure that our computer … has a tool called Gradle. … Now Gradle is a technology allows the Android Studio … to build your Android applications … and do a lot of magical stuff. … In order to get Gradle installed, … we need to use a tool called Homebrew. … Now there are a lot of ways you can install … Gradle on your machine, … but the Homebrew technique is probably … the most straightforward one. … To use this, just head to the Homebrew home page … and then right there you should see a command … that you can copy. … And then open up a terminal and run that command. … And I'm just going to paste that command … and I'm going to hit 'Enter'. … And then I'm just going to click 'Return' or 'Enter' … and it's going to request my password. … And I hit 'Enter' … and this should go ahead and …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.