Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting user input with alert component, part of Ionic 3.0 for Mobile App Developers.
- [Instructor] Currently, your app has only…hard-coded todos,…but in order for your users…to have a functional application to use,…they will need to be able to enter their own todos…into your app.…To enable your users add a todo,…it will be nice if they had a button…in the header of your application to allow them to do this.…When your users click this button,…an alert window will come up…and prompt the user to enter their todo.…Your users can then enter some text…and have this text added to the list of their todos.…
Now let's go ahead and implement this into your application.…The first thing we are going to implement…is the button which your users click…to bring up a prompt alert,…and this button is going to be located…in the header of your application.…In your home.html file,…add an ion-buttons component…right below the ion-title component, just after line five.…The ion-buttons component…allows you to specify a list of buttons in your header,…and it also allows you to specify…whether you want the buttons to be shown…
- Setting up the Ionic CLI
- Understanding the Ionic CLI
- Testing with the Ionic View app
- Working with the Ionic tab template
- Theming and configuring an Ionic app
- Working with the Ionic side menu template
- Working with Ionic Native
Skill Level Advanced
Ionic 2 and AngularFire2: Building Mobile Appswith Steven Emmerich57m 27s Intermediate
Angular 2 Essential Trainingwith Justin Schwartzenberger2h 45m Intermediate
1. Overview and Setting Up Ionic
2. Working with the Ionic Blank Template
3. Testing with the Ionic View App
4. Working with the Ionic Tab Template
5. Theming and Configuring an Ionic App
6. Working with the Ionic Side Menu Template
7. Introduction to Ionic Native
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.