Services are an increasingly important part of application development. In this video, learn how to use the CLI to generate a service.
- [Instructor] At some point in this course, … we are going to need to access and fetch real data … for our activity and then showcase this real data … inside of our own application. … In preparation for that, we will need … to create a service for this. … The reason why we would want to create a service … for this is so that we don't have all that code … in the typescript of our component. … Now we can easily open up our tab1 typescript page, … which is tab1 page.ts, … and make all that fetch request here. … However, this is not a good practice. … The reason why this is not a good practice is … any time we need to use the same data … we then have to make the same http call all over again. … Now to solve this problem, it's best … that we use the service pattern … by creating a service where we can put all that logic … inside of that service so that … we can call that service from anywhere … in our application and access the same data. … This is also good for testing so that when … you want to test our code, we can just test it …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.