Join Sani Yusuf for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an auth service, part of Ionic 4.0 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our login page working … in our run application, … we still don't have any logic tied to it. … So even if we click the Login … and we provide a username and password, … nothing would really happen. … In this video we're going to begin the process … that will tie our form with our Firebase account … and ensure that we can finally authenticate our users. … To begin, the first thing we're going to do is … we're going to head to the terminal, just hit clear here, … and we're going to create a new service. … We're going to say ionic g service … and we're going to call this service Login. … Now this login service that we've just created … that pertains to the authentication of users … and has methods that will allow them to login. … We're going to be using Firebase's Authentication feature … and we'll be leveraging on the AngularFireAuthModule. … Now the AngularFireAuthModule is a specific feature … of the Angularfire Library that allows you … to then interact with Firebase and authenticate your users. …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.