In this video, begin enabling a service worker for Ionic apps.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to be learning … how to integrate a service worker into our … Ionic Application. … This way we get our Ionic Application to become a PWA, … or progressive web application. … Now we're going to leverage on the angular frameworks … built in PWA integration. … In order to do this the first thing we're going to need … to install is the Angular CLI. … If you already have the Angular CLI you don't need to do … this particular step, but if you don't, you need to do … sudo npm install @angluar/cli … and then we add a global flag to ensure … that it's installed globally on our machine. … Now this might ask for your password … and you just enter the password. … But at this point it is going to go ahead … and just complete the installation for us. … So you can see that the Angular CLI has installed. … We do get some errors or warnings … and depending on your machine sometimes … you may not get these warnings or errors. … But there's one way you can check to ensure …
- Setting up a development environment
- Scaffolding an Ionic app
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Working with Cordova
- Configuring for Android and iOS
- Running a mobile app on an emulator
- Using Ionic Appflow
- Updating Ionic apps with Deploy
- Converting Ionic apps to PWAs
- Testing on a mobile device
- Setting up Firebase Hosting
- Using Capacitor on the web
- Using Electron for desktop deployment
Skill Level Intermediate
Electron: Building Cross Platform Desktop Appswith Ray Villalobos1h 54m Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
What you should know1m 22s
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Building the Tourista Application
3. Testing on Mobile with Cordova
4. Ionic Appflow
5. Ionic PWA
6. Working with Capacitor
7. Deploying to the Desktop with Electron
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.