Leveraging APIs to pull data from external datasets is a common task. In this video, learn how to get data from a REST API using Angular's HTTP client.
- [Instructor] In this video, … HTTP code to retrieve data from an API for our application. … For the sake of this application, … we have a live API that we have created that is working. … Now, before we start working with this API, … the first thing we want to do is to setup HttpClient … in our Angular application. … HttpClient is a feature from Angular … that allows you to interact or rest APIs and retrieve data. … In order to work with HttpClient, … the first thing you want to do is go into our app model … the .ts file, and then we want to input … the HttpClientModule, so just after line three … I would write import from the @angular/common/http … and inside there, I would call the HttpClientModule. … After we have done this as I have done on line four, … we still need to tell Angular … that we want to use the HttpClientModule … inside our application. … and we can do a little bit of housekeeping here … just to make sure everything is very readable, … and then we will add the HttpClientModule. …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.