Leveraging APIs to pull data from external datasets is a common task. In this video, learn how to get data from a REST API using the Angular HTTP client.
- [Instructor] The next thing we're going to go ahead and do … is implement our methods. … The first method we will implement … is the get all activities. … To implement this we'll start by saying return, … this.httpclient.get … and as a parameter we would would pass in our API here. … Now let's explain what we've just done here … from line 15 to line 17. … We already had a method called get all activities … from our previous videos. … And what we have done is we have used … the angular http client, … which in turn has a get method, that allows us to make … get http requests. … The mandatory parameter that a get method requires … is the URL for our API. … We can also parse other methods, … but for the sake of this course, … we're not going to build beyond this scope. … The get method of the angular http client, … returns what we call an observable … and this is something we'll talk about a little bit more … in future videos. … All you need to know for now, … is that the get all activities method, …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.