In this video, learn how to use Cordova to access the camera on the native API.
- [Instructor] In the previous video, … we set up our Ionic Native package to work with the camera. … Now we are going to use that package … to implement the feature that allows us … to take a picture or select a picture from our gallery. … If you recall from the previous video, … we already went ahead and set up our handler functions … for the camera and the gallery actions, … so let's go ahead and implement these. … So the first thing we're going to go and do is … we're going to say const camera options. … We're going to give it a type, CameraOptions. … And this CameraOptions type expects us to pass an object. … Now one thing we need to do is we need to make sure … we import this in case Registry Decoder … does not automatically import it for us. … So we need to go: import from … at ionic native, forward-slash camera, … forward-slash NGX. … So from here, we can import that interface. … We can say CameraOptions to make sure … we're using the right interface. … The CameraOptions interface allows us to pass in …
- Ionic 4.0 features
- Testing with Ionic Lab
- Designing a home page
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating a data model
- Using Ionic DevApp
- Using Ionic Native
- Designing the profile page
- Sharing to social media
- Setting up Firebase
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Maintaining Applicationswith Emmanuel Henri44m 29s Intermediate
Angular: Progressive Web Appswith Maximiliano Firtman4h 40m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Environment
2. Working with a Tab-Based Template
3. Preview App on Device with Ionic DevApp
Introduction to Ionic DevApp3m 57s
4. Working with UI Components
5. Working with Ionic Native
6. Connecting an App to Firebase Backend
7. Working with Complex Lists
Next steps2m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.