Learn to design detailed sheet metal parts with the specialized toolset in Autodesk Inventor.
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Thom Tremblay and welcome to Sheet Metal Design in Autodesk Inventor. The learning goal for this course will be to offer viewers a solid foundation and the use of sheet metal design tools in Autodesk Inventor. In this course, we will review the fundamental and many of the more advanced tools in Autodesk Inventor used for designing sheet metal parts. I'll start by showing you how to set your working environment using rules from materials and processes you'll fabricate your parts from. Then I will show you how to create features for your parts using specialized design tools available to you.
We'll see how to edit your parts and how to add features per replicating existing content. Finally, we will look at options for documenting your design and getting the flat pattern information to production. We'll be covering a lot of tools and options, but industry specific tools in Inventor are always easy to use. Now let's get started with Sheet Metal Design in Autodesk Inventor.
- Preparing your Inventor project
- Adding flanges to a part
- Cleaning up edges with hems
- Using the Bend feature
- Reusing existing data
- Making cuts in parts
- Opening parts with the Rip tool
- Improving productivity with the pattern tools
- Creating and editing a flat pattern