Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording and exporting an animation of the caddy assembly, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- So now we're back in…our Caddy Presentation file…and you can see that I've applied…several different tweaks to the…different components in this animation.…And so let's take a look at…what's going on with our movie now.…So I have an oops in here and…well, there it is.…We've got the rings passing through the glass…and so it's probably good not to…defy the laws of matter here.…And I also got…one foot moving at a time,…which is kind of a boring thing to look at…so we've got a couple of things to fix…and that's what I wanted to show you…is if you have these issues…how to select them…and fix them.…
So I'm going to select this double arrow here…which expands out our animation sequence again…and what we need to fix first…is probably the tumblers…or the rings which are passing through the tumblers.…So the problem is the tumblers…need to come in later in the show.…So I'm going to select the first tumbler…and then hold the Shift key…and select the remainder of them…and this happens often.…If it happens just select reset…and then go back in…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.