Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing and grounding the caddy base, constraining the feet to the base, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- And we're back in our caddy assembly file,…and we're ready to place the first part into our assembly.…I'm going to go over to the left upper corner here,…and I'm going to select Place, which opens a menu…for us to select which part we want to bring in first.…I think a good central part to bring in initially…will be the base, so I'll select that, and select Open.…Now when we get ready to place and click to place,…you'll see that it releases,…and then, it allows you an opportunity…to place multiple bases in if you had wanted to.…
To get out of that, you just need to hit Escape…because we only need one base in this at this time.…And then, now we want to take a look…at the movements of our parts.…The name of the game in the assembly is to try to take away…as much movement of the parts, in this case,…to really kind of lock in a solid assembly.…Our first part is actually going to be…what we called grounded, and as I right-click on the part,…you'll see that I have an opportunity…to check Grounded here.…
What that essentially does is as I tug on it,…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.