Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Placing and constraining the tumblers, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- And now we are ready to complete the assembly file…by adding the tumblers into our assembly.…So I'm going to go in the upper left hand corner to Place…and we are going to grab our tumbler.…Now , right now our tumbler is looking kind of sad…it would be great if we go ahead and apply a material.…I'm going to click on the tumbler and give it some type of…glass, clear look.…There we go, that looks a little better.…And so, now I am going to apply constraints to the tumbler.…
In this case,…because we have two round items we can use constrain…we can use mate…and when we select on the tumbler…you will see an axis pop up.…If you will click when you see that…and then go over to your ring assembly…and get the same axis and select that…you will actually get a alignment of the two axes…of the glass and the ring.…So when you select apply you will see that…now your movement is only in the up and down direction.…
And so at this point you could flip around or rotate around…to actually apply a constraint to the bottom of the tumbler.…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.