Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the rendering and animation tools in Inventor, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- In this final chapter of…Product Design with Autodesk Inventor,…we will take a look at how to use…the presentation and documentation tools.…The first task we will tackle…is creating an exploded view of the beverage caddy,…where we will in essence take apart the assembled model…in order to create an animation sequence.…Then, we will record the sequence in video form…and export the movie.…This type of file is very useful when you need to show…how parts relate to each other,…or when you want to show the parts going into place…and assembling.…
Next, we will walk through the steps of…creating a rendered image of the caddy assembly…that can be used for client presentation and marketing.…Finally, we will generate example working drawings,…and I have a couple here to show you,…of a couple of the caddy parts.…We'll show the basic descriptive information,…such as height, width and depth,…and other important notations important to…the manufacturing process.…Although we'll only briefly touch on this topic,…should you need or want additional content…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.