Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- As a final step, I wanted to say thank you…for joining me on this fun project design opportunity,…and I wanted to show you a couple of resources…that you could take a look at…if you're interested in not only finding…a little bit more about Inventor,…but maybe also product design.…One of the user groups that's very popular on LinkedIn…is the Autodesk Inventor Users.…You can see it's over 12,000 members at this time,…so you might consider as you move more into…utilizing this software,…consider joining that group for support…from fellow colleagues.…
Another blog that might be good for…technical type of support is Being Inventive.…This is a blog maintained by the…Inventor product support group at Autodesk,…so plenty of expertise there to learn from.…And then of course on YouTube there's tons of…on the actual Autodesk Inventor channel,…tons of resources and certainly several…educactional type videos as well…so take a look at those.…On the product design side,…of course there are so many,…just a plethora of assets and resources to look at…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventorwith John Helfen2h 50m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Sheet Metal Design with Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 1m Intermediate
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.