Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying the caddy handle with extrude cut, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- So we're taking a look now at my caddy design,…which I've set the materials to what I prefer…and hopefully you have too.…And having it in a simple vial like this,…it allows us to analyze and optimize…the functionality of the design all in one view.…So what's cool about this is at this point…if we wanted to make any changes to our design…it would be updated in the assembly model.…And we're actually going to do just that.…We're going to add some ergonomics to our handle…and make it a little bit more comfortable…for the hand and so in doing so…we'll actually see in the end that this change…that we make to the caddy arm will actually be updated…in the full assembly.…
So if you have your caddy assembly open…you can simply right click on the arm…and select Open or you can go through the simple steps…of opening from your main menu.…Either way get into that caddy arm drawing…and we're going to make some adjustments to it.…The first thing we're going to start with…is kind of a cut-out section on the top…and so we'll start with a sketch so click on the top face…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.