Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling a ring support using the Sweep command, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- [Voiceover] Okay, we're taking a look…at our ring support now.…And what we're going to focus on…in this portion of the video is…to draw the upper portion of the ring support…and we're going to use Sweep to do that.…So that's going to involve…drawing a profile and a path…to complete the Sweep function…and so let's go ahead…and set up that profile and path…and we'll see how that's done.…So back in the inventor screen here…and I'm going to select new part…and we're going to save this as ring support,…that ought to do.…
Okay, we're going to start a new sketch.…And the first sketch,…we're going to select on XZ…and it is going to be a simple circle.…And looking back real quick,…I'm just going to place this arbitrarily,…let's take a look.…Our diameter of the circle is 3.5…and the diameter of the wire,…if you will…of the ring support is .20.…So flipping back we'll need to place…a dimension on that of 3.5,…zoom out a little bit.…
Okay,…so we're finished with that sketch…and that is going to be our pathway.…Let's set up our profile now.…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventorwith John Helfen2h 50m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Sheet Metal Design with Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 1m Intermediate
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.