- So we're back and we're ready…to draw Part number four of five.…So you're well over the…half-way mark with this project.…So hopefully, you've learned a bit.…And now we're going to take a look…at using the Loft feature…to join Geometry together.…You can see that this lower portion of the tumbler…and is blended with the upper portion.…And so that is one thing…that Loft allows us to do.…So let's do the lower portion first…and we'll take a look at that.…We have a circle…that is 2.75 in diameter.…
And then another circle…on top of that which is 3.25.…And so we'll go back to our screen.…We'll select New Part…and we'll save this as Tumbler.…And we're ready to go.…So we'll start a new sketch.…We'll select the XZ Plane.…We'll draw a circle using that origin as the Center.…The first circle is 2.75.…Alright, we'll zoom out and finish that sketch.…Now we need that other circle…suspended up above this current circle.…
So we'll actually use a Work Plane to accomplish that.…We'll select the plain old-fashioned Work Plane.…And then we'll move over here…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.