Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the caddy base using the Extrude and Hole commands, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- To create a new file in Inventor,…I have a couple of options to get started.…As with many of the functions within Inventor,…there are often multiple locations and methods…to achieve one action.…In this case, there are three places…you can initiate the new part command.…There's a new part file icon here.…There's also location on the launch panel…as well as on the quick-start file bar.…So, pick any of those that you wish.…Just know that this one is a bit different…in that it will present you with…multiple opportunities to change things for instance,…such as units, and the type of file…you're going to generate.…
I'll begin with this one,…and this opens up to a fresh file,…and we'll begin our sketch here.…So, now we're ready to start our first sketch,…so we'll come over to the 3D model tab…and select sketch, start new 2D sketch,…and then you'll be presented with a series of origin planes,…and this is where you're actually going to select…which one you choose to use.…Now, as you begin the sketching process,…the plane that you select will often…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventorwith John Helfen2h 50m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Sheet Metal Design with Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 1m Intermediate
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.