Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Inventor user interface review, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- Before we jump in to drawing our first model,…let's stroll through the Inventor user interface…and take a look at a couple…of key software functions.…The application menu button…is in your upper lefthand corner,…and this allows your access to all the general functions…of the software.…This includes the application options menu,…which we will touch on soon.…Moving clockwise,…you'll see the quick access toolbar.…This includes the most common tools that you use,…such as save, new, open, undo, and redo,…and it also includes your ability…to change the part materials,…which is often done in both part modeling…and assembly modeling environments.…
Looking across your screen,…you'll see a series of tabs.…The tabs unfold to ribbons,…and you'll see panels, also,…which group like commands together.…Next is our view cube,…and this is going to help us rotate and navigate…in our modeling space.…And you'll notice as I click onto each of these corners…it rotates the model.…I can also click on the face of the cube…and it will turn our model to the face.…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.