- If you're a premium member, you have access to all the exercise files used throughout this course. Exercise files are organized by chapter, and can be downloaded from the main page of this course. If you don't have access to the exercise files you can certainly follow along and create your own files as we move through each stage of the project.
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.