Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a rendered image of the caddy assembly, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- And we're back and ready to create a rendered image…of the caddy assembly.…Although the tools in Inventor Studio are somewhat limited,…you can still create a good-quality still image…of your design,…without needing an additional piece of software…to generate the image.…So let's start by opening our assembly file.…I'll open it from here.…It'd be silly of me not to mention,…if you only need a low-res snapshot of a part or assembly,…you can go to the Application menu,…and select Export Image,…and that will generate a low-resolution image…for any type of other use.…
So we'll go to Export, and you see Image there.…Basically you can go and Save.…Then it saves a pretty good quality image,…if you just need a small thumbnail type of image.…But we need a high-res image in this case.…So let's begin by going to the Environments tab.…And we're going to switch over…to the Inventor Studio environment.…You can see here the menus change…to more related to Render Image,…and we have Render Animation.…We're going to only work with Render Image.…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventorwith John Helfen2h 50m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Sheet Metal Design with Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 1m Intermediate
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.