- And we're back looking at…our the sketch of the Tumbler.…With the lower portion drawn,…we're ready to do the upper portion now.…And again we'll use Loft…to blend the profile of the lower Tumbler…to the upper part of the Tumbler.…So the information we need from this sketch…is width the upper portion…has a height of 3.25 inches.…We have an outer circle of 4 diameter.…And we'll also be drawing…a polygon in the process.…We'll go back to our sketch…of the lower portion of the Tumbler.…
We're going to start…a new sketch on the top.…And this is where we place our polygon.…If it's not highlighted…go to the bottom of the list here…and select Polygon.…You have Inscribed or Circumscribed.…This case we're going to do Circumscribed.…I'll use a total of 6 sides.…You can use what you want.…And we'll come back,…bring that back there.…Select the center point and then…as you snap you'll have to…feel the snap to the outer edge.…
And once you get it you'll know it.…But we want to snap to that outer edge…of the circle and then select Done.…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.