Join Jana Schmidt for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting materials and appearance to taste, part of Autodesk Inventor: Product Design Workflow.
- As we take a look at our assembled model here,…this is a great opportunity to stop and make sure…that you have the materials and appearances…that you really like on this part.…Not that they can't be changed down the road,…but just want to take a moment to make sure…you understand how to change those.…So to, for instance, to change our appearance…on our base, if you click on the base and then select…any of the catalog items that you like,…I'm looking for Walnut here,…and there's a good Walnut, Natural Polished.…
That looks pretty nice to me.…I want to show you there's a difference, too.…We have the Autodesk Appearance Library,…and we we also have the Inventor Material Library.…Two libraries differ a little bit.…I think Autodesk Appearance Library…offers a few more options…other than just this Inventor Material Library,…so know that you can check or uncheck either of those…to toggle in and out of those Appearance menus.…You can also select this little color wheel here,…which will take you into an in-depth view…
Jana reviews techniques such as setting up your project file; creating and modifying geometry; creating extrusions, sweeps, and lofts; and working with Inventor's freeform tools. She also shows how to combine your parts in an assembly, create presentation-quality animations and still renders of the design, and document the product design with working 2D drawings.
- Modeling the caddy base with the Extrude and Hole commands
- Modeling a caddy foot with Revolve
- Modeling ring supports using the Pattern command
- Placing and constraining the model parts in a caddy assembly
- Adjusting materials and appearance
- Adding a handle with the freeform tools
- Creating an exploded view, a technical drawing, and an animation
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Autodesk Inventorwith John Helfen2h 50m Beginner
Migrating from AutoCAD to Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 18m Beginner
Sheet Metal Design with Inventorwith Thom Tremblay1h 1m Intermediate
1. Inventor UI and File Management
2. Creating and Modifying the Beverage Caddy Parts
3. Assembling the Beverage Caddy
4. Creating a Rendered Image and Animation of the Caddy Project
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.