These days it’s more important than ever to test your website across a wide array of devices, browsers, browser versions, and operating systems. This course focuses on setting up a testing environment using VirtualBox and a virtual machine to test your local and hosted websites in multiple versions of Internet Explorer.
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Browser Testing with VirtualBox and Internet Explorer. My name is Brian Wood, and I'm gonna take you through how on your Mac, or even your Windows machine, how to install VirtualBox and actually install something else to be able to run Internet Explorer and different versions of Internet Explorer right on your machine. The first thing we're gonna do is we're gonna understand what a virtual machine is. Then, we're gonna install and we're gonna get to know this thing called VirtualBox a little bit.
Then, we're gonna download and install an Internet Explorer virtual machine. Then, we'll go through and do a little bit of testing in IE, Internet Explorer, with just a few tips along the way.
In this course, Brian Wood explains the how to use VirtualBox and modern.ie to set up virtual machines you can use to perform browser testing. He walks you through each step of the setup process so you can become familiar with these tools and starting using them for browser testing.
- Installing VirtualBox
- Using modern.ie to select virtual machines and platforms
- Downloads up a virtual machine
- Running IE on a MAC
- Performing browser testing on a local or hosted site
- Testing against many versions of Internet Explorer