After setting up your virtual machine, you will prepare to run it for the first time. Before running it, the first thing you will learn how to do is to create a snapshot of the virtual machine. In this video, you will also learn about some of the default settings you can change like name and shared folders.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] With our first virtual machine installed,…we're gonna start to take a look at some settings for it…and also start it up.…Now once again I have a couple installed here…cause I wanted to show you something.…But when you have one installed…you can go in and start to take a look…at some of the settings, they're called.…So with it selected out here, click on settings…and these are the settings for this virtual machine.…There's a lot of stuff in here you don't want to touch.…Even if you think you know what its for,…just leave it alone okay.…You're gonna see things like name,…go ahead and change that, whatever.…
The type and the version we're not gonna mess with…because that's set, we're done with that.…Click on advanced here and you're gonna see…this is actually really useful stuff.…You'll see a snapshots folder here,…every time you save a snapshot…and we'll take a look at that in a little while.…It's gonna save it in here.…You don't need to change the location for this…unless you really want to.…You'll see here, share clipboard drag 'n' drop.…
In this course, Brian Wood explains the how to use VirtualBox and modern.ie to set up virtual machines you can use to perform browser testing. He walks you through each step of the setup process so you can become familiar with these tools and starting using them for browser testing.
- Installing VirtualBox
- Using modern.ie to select virtual machines and platforms
- Downloads up a virtual machine
- Running IE on a MAC
- Performing browser testing on a local or hosted site
- Testing against many versions of Internet Explorer