In this Browser Testing with VirtualBox and Internet Explorer tutorial, you’ll explore setting up a testing environment using VirtualBox and a virtual machine to test your local and hosted websites in multiple versions of Internet Explorer. The supplied exercise files contain a html page that you can use for an example of local site testing.
- [Voiceover] I wanted to include this because I wanted to talk to you about the exercise files just for a second here. We're gonna be doing a lot of downloading. So there aren't a lot of files to work with, but if you want to open the exercise files folder and download those, you will see that I basically just have an html page in there. We are gonna use this html page to test local content when we work with a virtual machine, so, that's all that's in there. Not meant to edit or do anything like that, it's just meant for previewing, so if you have your own html content that can open in Internet Explorer or a video or whatever happens to be, I'm gonna show you how you can do that.
In this course, Brian Wood explains the how to use VirtualBox and modern.ie to set up virtual machines you can use to perform browser testing. He walks you through each step of the setup process so you can become familiar with these tools and starting using them for browser testing.
- Installing VirtualBox
- Using modern.ie to select virtual machines and platforms
- Downloads up a virtual machine
- Running IE on a MAC
- Performing browser testing on a local or hosted site
- Testing against many versions of Internet Explorer