With a rather large virtual machine downloaded, you need to install it so that you can test your website in Internet Explorer. In this video, you’ll see the different methods for installing a virtual machine. You’ll also discover a few of the virtual machine settings that are necessary to make the virtual machine run smoothly.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] So let's take a look at Virtualbox.…We're going to open it up and see what it's about,…and then what we're going to do is we're going…to install our virtual machine.…So with Virtualbox open, go ahead and open it.…You're going to see that yours…is probably going to look different than mine…'cause I already have a virtual machine installed.…On the left over here we're actually going…to see all the virtual machines that we have,…and then you're going to see kind of a preview,…or the information about that virtual machine here,…kind of in the middle.…Now, for Virtualbox we actually can create…our own virtual machines if we want to.…
If you want to go a little crazy,…let's suppose you went and bought a Windows disk,…or a Windows OS disk and you wanted to use it on your Mac.…You're going to see right here that if I click on new,…we're not actually going to do this,…but I wanted to show this to you.…You could go through and set up and say,…well what version of Windows do you have, for instance.…And what do you want to do here?…
In this course, Brian Wood explains the how to use VirtualBox and modern.ie to set up virtual machines you can use to perform browser testing. He walks you through each step of the setup process so you can become familiar with these tools and starting using them for browser testing.
- Installing VirtualBox
- Using modern.ie to select virtual machines and platforms
- Downloads up a virtual machine
- Running IE on a MAC
- Performing browser testing on a local or hosted site
- Testing against many versions of Internet Explorer