Join Chris Nodder for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Design Thinking: Implementing the Process.
- Each of the techniques we've talked about…in this design thinking course is explained in more detail…in UX Design Technique series.…Each course is about 30 minutes long…and breaks out the technique step-by-step.…I also made a course aimed more at the people…who might be commissioning design thinking work,…called Understanding Design Thinking.…You or someone in your organization would benefit…from watching that course too.…It gives more of an overview and business justification…for doing this work.…Of course, the next step for you is probably…to run your own design thinking exercise.…
Have fun with it.…You don't have to be an expert in every technique…before you start.…Share the ideas with your team…and work as a group to perform each step.…Even just getting proper insight…into your customers' wants and needs…will help you create better product.…But running through the whole process will really…let you see the power of design thinking.…When I work with teams, we step through the whole cycle…from observation to story-mapping in one intensive week.…
Along the way, you'll learn who should be involved, what activities you need to perform, and how to observe users, come up with great ideas, test solutions with prototypes, and plan development. Plus, discover how to avoid the common issues that can get in the way of a successful design thinking session, and the traps that people fall into when using the process for the first time.
- Assembling a team
- Finding a location
- Watching real users
- Mapping the customer journey
- Identifying pain points
- Coming up with good ideas
- Testing ideas with real customers
- Planning development
- Understanding the benefits of design thinking