Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Instagram?, part of Learning Instagram.
- [Voiceover] Let's start by making sure we understand what Instagram is. Instagram is a mobile device only application, that allows you to shoot photos and videos, edit them with built-in tools and features, and then share them with a community of people who follow your posts through Instagram on their mobile devices. Although you could use Instagram just for its photo shooting and editing features, and Instagram is widely known for its large library of distinctive filters for quickly changing the look and feel of your photos, Instagram is really about being social with your photography. It's for taking shots of yourself, of your surroundings, your activities, or anything else you wanna share with the people that follow you, and then interacting with them through their comments on your photos.
It's for following friends, celebrities, companies, or people you admire, to see what they post and share through their accounts. So it's really about the community of Instagram users who enjoy sharing parts of their lives through Instagram. And hopefully by the time you get through this short course, you'll understand the app enough to start posting your own content, and to start getting involved with your friends and other Instagram users.
- What is Instagram?
- Creating an Instagram account
- Following other users
- Shooting photos and videos
- Processing photos
- Posting photos to Instagram
- Liking and commenting on photos
- Tagging photos
- Regrammming photos