Learn why hashtags are crucial on Instagram. Discover how to use them to reach new users and engage your current users.
- [Instructor] Hashtags are a crucial…element of marketing on Instagram.…They allow you to reach a much wider audience…than just those that follow your account.…When you publish a post to your Instagram feed,…you should be adding relevant hashtags to it…in order to make it more discoverable.…For example, if we're uploading this photo to our account,…and we've added our description,…we could now add some hashtags like,…#rain, #umbrella, #city, #walking, and #shops.…These are all obvious hashtags to add…to this photo, but there may be some more…obscure hashtags that you may want to use.…
For example, the icatching hashtag is often used…for photos that really grab people's attention.…So let's go ahead and add that in here.…Discovering these more obscure hashtags will take some time,…but here are a couple tips to finding different hashtags.…When you start typing a hashtag, you'll notice…that a list of popular hashtags will start to appear.…So we start typing #umbrella and now we have…a whole bunch of hashtags related to umbrellas.…
- Creating an Instagram business account
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and videos
- Interacting with the community
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started Marketing on Instagram
2. Develop a Marketing Strategy for Instagram
3. Implement Your Instagram Marketing Campaign
4. Marketing with Instagram Stories
5. Fine-Tune Your Instagram Content
6. Additional Considerations
Review Instagram Insights6m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.