Take a tour of the Instagram user interface. Discover where all of the primary features are located and see how you can quickly navigate to them.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the Instagram user interface so that as we move through the course, you're comfortable with where all of the primary features of Instagram are located. When we first log in to the app, we're on the homepage of Instagram, and this is where we can see any photos and videos posted by users that we follow on Instagram. We'll also see our own photos appear in this section, as well. We can tell we're on the homepage because at the bottom of the screen, you'll notice that the house icon is shaded in a darker color. The next icon on our screen, the magnifying glass, is the Instagram search page.
When we tap on this button, we can now search Instagram, so as we'll see later on in the course, we could search for hashtags related to our business, or even competitors, so that we can take a look and see what they're doing on Instagram. The next button down in the navigation section is the upload button. This is where you can upload photos and videos and post them to your profile on Instagram. I'm just going to cancel out of this for now, and we're going to tap on the next button, which is the heart icon. The heart icon takes you to the activity section of Instagram.
This is where you can see all of the activity that's related to your account, so you can see when people follow you, when they comment on your photos or videos. Anything that's happening that's related to you and your business on Instagram will appear in this section. The next area in the bottom of the screen is the profile link. When we tap on this section, we're brought to our own Instagram profile, and this is where we can see all the photos and videos that we've uploaded to Instagram. We can also upload a photo here to our profile page, and add a description so that people know who we are and what we do when they come to our profile page.
We're gonna take a look at how we can add the photo and customize the description later on in the course. I'd also like to mention that, if at any time you want to access any of the Instagram settings, they can be accessed from this page, then by tapping on the three lines at the top right of the screen, and then by tapping on settings. You'll notice that on an iOS device it's located at the bottom of the screen. On an Android device, the settings link might be located in slightly different location, but it's still accessed the same way, by tapping on the three lines, and then tapping on settings.
So hopefully now you have an idea where all of the primary sections of Instagram are located so that you know where to go when I'm speaking about one of them later on in the course.
- Creating an Instagram business account
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and videos
- Interacting with the community
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights