Learn how to post a location with your Instagram photos. Hear why it can help increase your engagement on Instagram.
- [Instructor] One way to increase the visibility of the posts that you publish to Instagram is to add the location that the photo was taken at to each post. Oftentimes people will browse photos just in the city that they're living in, or maybe they're vacationing in, and you want your photos to come up in that feed. So, when you're adding a new post remember tap on Add Location, and you can either let your phone's GPS find the location for you, or you can type it out and search for it. We'll just choose Los Angeles, California, and then of course you share the post like normal, but it's not only important to use in your actual posts that you're uploading to Instagram, but also in your stories.
We went over this in the Stories chapter, but it's so important I want to mention it again. So, if we go back to our profile here, actually, let's go, we'll go Add A New Story. We're gonna go Home, we're gonna tap on the camera to add a new story, and we're gonna go to the... Let's say we'll just go to the Type section for now and we'll just type this out, and we'll just say, you know, "Have a great day." I'm gonna just do a quick, short story here, and what we're gonna do is we're now going to... We're gonna add this, we're gonna go to the top and we're gonna tap on our Stickers.
Remember, this is how we add locations. So, now we're going to find the Location sticker, we're going to tap on it, and again, we will just search for our location. We have Los Angeles, California, there it is, boom. So, now we've added a location to this story and we can publish it to our story, and now when people are looking at all of the stories from Los Angeles, California, ours will show up as well. This is really important. I've really heard a lot of people having a lot of success getting new followers and just increasing their reach by adding their location in the Stories mode specifically, so make sure that whenever possible on Instagram that you are adding your location to both posts in your feed and your stories.
It's not going to hurt you, it can only help you reach more people.
- Creating an Instagram business account
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and videos
- Interacting with the community
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights