Learn general information about Instagram, including how it works and how it's commonly used.
- [Narrator] In this video I'm going to provide an overview of what Instagram is and why it has such great marketing potential. So what is Instagram? Instagram is a social media app available for smart phones and it's focused on video and photo sharing. It's this rich media aspect of Instagram that provides so many opportunities to marketers. The photos and videos posted on Instagram are much more engaging than traditional texts posts that you'll see on other social networks. Instagram also allows you to quickly edit your photos before uploading them to give them a professional look and feel.
Let's talk about some statistics associated with Instagram so we can gain even more insight into why it has such great marketing potential. According to the Instagram website, Instagram has 700 million monthly active users and 400 million daily active users. There are 95 million photos uploaded to Instagram every single day and of those photos that are uploaded to Instagram there are 4.2 billion photo likes per day just on Instagram. Additionally, 80 percent of Instagram users follow at least one business.
So you can see from these statistics that a lot of people are using Instagram and they're really engaging with the content that's uploaded to Instagram. Based on the fact that Instagram is centered around sharing rich media and has such a large user base that's continuously growing, Instagram is a great marketing opportunity for all sorts of businesses, whether you're selling a product or a service.
- Creating an Instagram account for business
- Brainstorming ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and video
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Growing your audience
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights