Learn how to embed your Instagram feed in your entire website or blog to increase engagement and exposure.
- [Instructor] We spoke earlier about embedding an Instagram photo into a website. Unfortunately however, Instagram doesn't have a built in way to embed an entire feed into a website. But there is a third party website called Lightwidget that allows you to create a widget with your entire Instagram feed. You can visit lightwidget.com and then you can customize this widget to your liking. So here on the website the first thing that we need to do is login with our Instagram account. Because I was already logged into instagram.com I didn't have to entire my password, and here I am, I'm now logged into Lightwidget.
Notice that when I do that, it automatically puts my username into the Instagram username field, and now I start to see all of my photos that I've posted to Instagram over on the right side. As we scroll down the page, we have a number of different options of how we would like this widget to be displayed. We can choose which type of widget we'd like, so we can choose a grid, a slideshow, columns, let's go ahead and let's keep it on grid for now. We can choose the number of columns, so instead of three by three, we can make it four by four. At any time when you are making changes to the widget here you can scroll down to the bottom and click on Preview, and you'll notice it will change over here on the right.
So now we've got our four by four widget. So we can add some hover effects, so we could say zoom in so that's gonna make it so when I hover over these pictures it's gonna zoom in a little bit. We can get it some padding so that's the space in between the pictures. We could change the image formatting, so you can see you have a number of different options here. We could show the captions if we wanted to. Once you think you have the settings to your liking you can then click on the Get Code button at the bottom. And you'll notice that this code appears and we can click to copy it to our clipboard.
So now, just like when we pasted the embed code for a specific Instagram photo into our website, we can take this code, bring it to our website. Again you may need to get your web developer involved, but then you paste the code into your website where you want the widget to appear, and you'll now have your entire Instagram feed featured on your website. This is definitely a great way to increase the visibility of your Instagram account because you're going to be featuring all of your Instagram photos right on your website.
- Creating an Instagram business account
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and videos
- Interacting with the community
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights