Learn how to embed specific photos into websities using tools provided by Instagram.
- [Instructor] If your organization has a website or blog, it's important to note that you can actually embed your Instagram uploads right into your website. There are a couple of different ways to do this depending on which platform you're using to host your website, but if you visit instagram.com/developer/embedding, there are detailed instructions on how you can embed your Instagram photos. So you can scroll down this page and find out which situation is best for you. I'm going to show you the easiest way to embed an Instagram photo.
If you go directly to instagram.com, you can log in to your Instagram account and view your Instagram photos on a computer instead of in the mobile app. So here I am on instagram.com and I've already logged into my account and what we're going to do is we're just going to make sure that we are on our feed page here. You can click on the silhouette symbol up here if you haven't yet so you're seeing all of your photos and then just go ahead and click on a photo to access it. Once we have the photo pulled up, we can click on the three dots towards the bottom right and then click on Embed.
In the popup that appears, go ahead and click on Copy Embed Code. You can see we have it copied. By doing that, we've copied the code to our clipboard and now we could go to our website and paste this code wherever we want the photo to appear. If you're using a web developer for your website, you may have to get them involved for this step. If you're using a platform like WordPress, you can actually just copy the web address at the top of the screen, so this address right up here that's already in your web browser, you can copy that, then you can go and paste that right into the WYSIWYG Editor in WordPress and the photo will appear.
This is a great way to get users that are visiting your organization's website to follow you on Instagram because if they're on your website and they see that you're uploading photos to Instagram they may say, "Oh wow, this is a great way person for me to follow," and then you'll have a new follower on Instagram so don't forget about this feature. Again, great way to build your following across multiple networks.
- Creating an Instagram business account
- Brainstorming content ideas
- Developing a posting schedule
- Optimizing your Instagram profile
- Uploading photos and videos
- Interacting with the community
- Using Instagram Stories
- Adding hashtags and locations
- Measuring your success with Instagram Insights