Learn where and how to choose a goal for your campaign.
- [Narrator] The first step in publishing advertisements to Instagram is to create a campaign in the Facebook Ads Manager. A campaign specifies what our marketing objective is going to be for our set of advertisements that are encompassed within that campaign. If you're using the Facebook Ads Manager for the first time, you're probably automatically brought to the new campaign screen. Alternatively you can create a new campaign by clicking on the Campaigns tab, and then clicking on the Create Campaign button.
So now we're at the new campaign creation screen. Now the first thing we need to specify about our campaign is what our objective is going to be. You can see that there are three primary objectives: Awareness Consideration and Conversion. And then from within those three primary objectives, we can pick a more directed objective. So do we want to increase brand awareness? Do we just want to reach as many people as possible? Maybe we want to drive traffic, generate leads or convert a user into a customer. So choose which ever type of campaign best works for your situation.
I'm going to choose a brand awareness campaign. So I'm just going to click on Brand awareness. And when I do that you have to scroll down a little bit but we have another field that is available to us. And this is where we can give our campaign a name. Just want to give it a descriptive name so that you can easily identify it. So you want to be able to differentiate between those campaigns. I'm just going to call this Topsy Turvy Awareness. Now because we're creating our first campaign, we need to set up an Ad Account.
In the future you won't necessarily need to set up an ad account every time you create a campaign 'cause you could create a campaign underneath a previous ad account that was set up. Really the only reason why you you'd want to have multiple ad accounts is if you were managing multiple companies and each company had their own advertising campaign. You could create a separate account for each of those companies but manage them all from within your Facebook account. Now that I've given the campaign a name, we are going to click on the Set Up Account button, because again we need to set up an account because this is the first time we're using Facebook Ads Manager.
Now we just need to specify some information about our account. The country we're in, the currency that we'd like to use, and our time zone. So you can select what best fits your situation and then click on the Continue button. So now we've created our first campaign, we've picked an objective for that campaign, given the campaign a name, and then we've created an ad account to be associated with all of our campaigns and our advertisements. The next step is going to be to create an ad set which deals with our targeting and we'll take a look at that later on in the course.
- Using Instagram for Business
- Creating an Instagram business profile
- Using Facebook Ads Manager
- Creating and formatting ads
- Content specifications
- Creating a campaign
- Targeting ads
- Budgeting and scheduling campaigns