- Installing Intel Inspector XE
- Setting up OpenCV
- Detecting memory leaks
- Visualizing memory usage growth
- Conducting memory leak analysis
- Fixing memory leaks in source code
Skill Level Intermediate
- Memory leaks are bad news. They cause applications to unexpectedly crash even though, everything looked fine in the source code. Hi, I'm Thomas Pantels and welcome to Windows Performance Tools: Memory Leak Analysis with Intel Inspector. We'll identify how to address these problems by using a demo application. If you've watched my Windows Performance Toolkit Detecting Memory Leaks course, then you'll be familiar with this example. By analyzing the same application with different tools, you'll gain a different perspective on what the issue is.
This course, is for those who want to add another profiling tool, to their toolbox. The exercises will help you walk away from this course knowing how to address and optimize your own applications that have memory leaks. Now, let's get started.