Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Clean Up Document, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- As you work in Inkscape,…the underlying code in your document…can become filled with lots of unnecessary information.…So let's see how to remove that…to keep your documents performing well…and at the smallest possible file size.…So here in our exercise file…we have a rather bloated Inkscape document,…although you wouldn't know that…just to look at what's here on the canvas.…All you see is a simple polygon.…But if I switch over to Windows,…I can see that this file is 4.7 MB in file size,…which should not be the case…for something that contains just one vector object.…
But if I switch back to Inkscape,…I can see where this file size is coming from.…Even though the star shape…is just filled with a solid black color right now,…Inkscape remembers that it had been previously formatted…with filters, patterns, and gradients.…And if I open the Filter Editor…by going to the Filters menu and choosing Filter Editor,…I can see those filters…are still being stored in the document.…So I could reapply them any time I wanted to.…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.