Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding display modes, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In order to edit your artwork effectively,…or to even just understand how someone else…made a particular piece of artwork,…you have to be able to see it clearly.…So, Inkscape offers a few different viewing modes…to help you.…Perhaps the most useful alternative viewing mode…that Inkscape offers is outline mode.…This mode allows you to just see the shapes…of the objects in your drawings as one-pixel outlines…without any strokes, fills or special effects.…To use outline mode, choose View, Display mode, Outline.…
To go back to normal viewing, go to the same menu…and choose Display mode, Normal.…Also note the keyboard shortcut ctrl + 5.…So I'll switch back to outline mode…and here you can see one of the benefits.…It reveals things that are hidden…behind other things in your artwork.…So if you misplaced this icon right here,…you could use outline mode to quickly find it.…Also, you might have noticed another choice…in that display mode menu, called "No Filters",…like the outline mode, this can help you…get a clearer view of the structure of your artwork.…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.