Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering objects, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's look at some of the useful commands you…can find in the Render Extensions menu.…The items you'll find in the Render Extensions menu…will create entirely new objects not dependent…on any existing object in your document.…So if we go to the menu, choose Extensions,…Render, we find things like 3D Polyhedron.…This you can use to create many kinds…of simple 3D objects and orient them…to a particular view.…In the Model File tab, you'll see Object…and here's where you can choose that type…of 3D object.…
You start out with a Cube, but you can pick…more complicated things like a Dodecahedron…which is an object with 12 sides.…Let's move the dialogue out of the way…and click on Live preview, and there's…our dodecahedron.…In View, you can rotate it around several different axes…by changing the values here, and in style you…can control the formatting.…So I can change the color from red to purple…by adding some blue and reducing the red.…I can take the strokes off by changing the width down…to zero, and I could change the lighting effect…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.