Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing Inkscape documents, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's look at how to print your Inkscape documents…to a local print device.…To print a document, choose file, print,…or press Ctrl-P, and the options you see here…in the print dialog, will depend on the specific…printer you choose and also your operating system.…At a minimum, you'll see just two tabs…in this dialog, general and rendering.…You might also see tabs for page setup,…job details, and color options…that you'd see when you print from…any application to the printer you have selected.…
But, in the case, we have just general and rendering.…General is where you select the printer you want to use…and the number of copies you want printed out,…or you can choose to print to a file.…In rendering, you can keep vectors as vectors…when your print process supports them.…Vectors will print sharp at any size,…but very complex art printed as vectors…might result in print problems on some devices.…In that case you can choose bitmap to send the…whole document as one image…with a set resolution that you can…choose here in the bitmap options.…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.