Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Panning and zooming, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In order to edit artwork,…it helps to see it at the right magnification level.…Inkscape has many options for panning and zooming…to help you quickly get the view that you want.…Let's see how they work.…For panning around the canvas, you can use the scroll bars…on the right side and beneath the canvas,…and if you don't see them, just press Control+B.…Notice the tiny magnifying glass at the top…of the vertical scroll bar.…This is the toggle button for making the zoom level…match the window size.…So if I resize the window,…you can see that the entire canvas stayed visible.…
Size it up again, and it still fits the window.…You can also hold the spacebar and drag…to pan in any direction.…Note that you don't actually have to click your mouse button…and you can also hold down the control key…and use your arrow keys to nudge the display.…But just be aware that on a Mac,…you may need to go to System Preferences…and change the default keyboard shortcuts…for emission control,…which otherwise, will override Inkscape.…If you're using a mouse with a scroll wheel,…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.