Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing paths with the Node tool, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Once you've created a path, you'll often…need to edit its shape.…The tool for this job is the node tool,…and, with it, you can make precise adjustments…to your paths with many ways of…adding, moving, and deleting nodes and node handles.…So, let's check it out.…To get the node tool, you can click it in the toolbar…right here, or simply double click on a path…with the selector tool or press the letter n…on your keyboard.…You can select objects while you have the node tool…by clicking on a path or inside a path…if that path has a fill.…
If a path has no fill, then you can't select it…with the node tool by clicking inside it.…You have to click right on the path in that case.…And, when you select an object with the node tool,…you can see right away which objects…are live shapes and which are paths.…And we'll see each of the kinds of live shapes…and detail in other movies, but for now…just look at these two ovals.…They look the same when they're not selected,…but as I click on them with the node tool,…I can see this one has controls for an ellipse,…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.