Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing document properties, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Throughout this course, we'll be using…Document Properties to control the behavior…of certain features in Inkscape.…In this movie, we'll take a quick overview…of what you can find in Document Properties.…Now the first thing to know about Document Properties…is that they are document specific,…meaning that whatever settings you choose…in the dialog box only apply to your current document.…In my case, I have a new, unsaved, open document here,…and that'll be the only document affected…by what I do in the Properties dialog box.…Now there are three ways to access Document Properties.…
You can click the icon that looks like a wrench…inside the document in the Commands bar, right here.…Or you can choose File, Document Properties,…or use the keyboard shortcut Shift+Control+D.…Now there are eight tabs full of controls in here,…and we're not going to go through all of them…in this movie, but I just want you to get a sense…of what's in here, so you know why a certain document…might behave differently from others.…The first tab in the dialog box is Page,…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.