Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing with the Pen tool, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Understanding Bezier paths and how to work with them…is absolutely essential for getting the most out of the time…that you spend in Inkscape.…Let's take a look at the pen tool…and how to use it to draw and modify artwork.…In the exercise file for this movie I've created…four objects you can use to practice working with…the pen tool.…They go in order of increasing difficulty…from the very simple house here with all straight lines.…To the cloud which has one straight line…and a few curves.…To the leaf, which is made up of four curves…one of which changes direction…and there are a few corners in here.…
And the last one, the musical note,…has a little bit of everything.…It has straight lines, simple curves,…curves that change direction,…tiny curves at the tips…and a couple of corners where…straight lines meet curves.…All of these things are on a layer called Source…with reduced opacity…that you can see here in the layers dialog…and it's underneath a drawing layer,…so you can practice tracing these objects…without disturbing them.…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.