Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bevels, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's continue our look at SVG filters in Inkscape…with Bevels and Bumps.…In the exercise file, here are a few copies…of a spiral shape and we'll apply some…of the different Bevel and Bump filters…to these shapes, to compare the results we get.…Now, because there are over 50 Bevel and Bump filters,…we're not going to see them all in this movie…but as I mentioned in the movie on the Filter Dialogue,…you can check out a file called Filters.SVG,…that comes with Inkscape,…to see examples of almost every filter effect,…including the majority of Bevels and Bumps.…
Okay, so let's select the first spiral,…and we'll zoom in on it, and we'll choose Filters,…Bevels, Bloom, right at the top.…Let's open up the filter editor a little bit.…Now, by default, Bloom gives us…these large, diffused white highlights,…and some texture, and some fairly dark shadows…on the bevels, but the great thing about any SVG filter…is that you can quickly change the look…by tweaking the settings.…So, in the Filter Editor, I can see…that a lot of work has gone into making…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.