Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting color with filters, part of Inkscape Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now let's take a look at some…of the ways you can adjust the colors…of existing artwork with filters.…Here we have a nice, colorful exercise file to start with.…And let's select the group of rainbow pencils,…and choose "Filters", "Color", "Color Shift."…This dialog gives you controls to adjust…the hue and saturation of selected objects.…In the dialog, you can see the effect…when you turn on live preview.…Dragging this shift slider changes colors dramatically.…Or I can drag it all the way to the right,…to leave the hues unaffected.…
I can also play with saturation values, with this slider.…I can drag all the way to the left…to go to completely grayscale.…Or drag all the way to the right and add the color back in.…And each time I pause with the slider,…the display is updated.…Alright, let's close this and try a different filter.…Choose "Filters", "Color", "Colorize."…Again, turn on live preview.…And here in the dialog,…you can simulate a duotone version of objects.…By selecting that option, and then picking a color,…
- Downloading and installing Inkscape
- Creating new documents
- Importing AI and EPS files in Inkscape
- Working with input devices like tablets
- Drawing basic shapes
- Scaling and rotating objects
- Adding fills and strokes
- Using Inkscape extensions
- Adding and editing text
- Printing and exporting Inkscape artwork
Skill Level Beginner
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Navigating an Inkscape Document
3. Drawing Basic Shapes
4. Transforming Objects
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Using Filters
7. Using Extensions
8. Creating Complex Shapes
9. Working with Text
10. Printing and Exporting Artwork
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.