Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with points of interest, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] Points of interest can be used…to draw attention to important objects…or locations in your model.…Let's see how they work.…I'm gonna zoom out a little bit…and for our first application of a point of interest…we wanna call attention to our development…in the context of the entire model.…So I'll launch the point of interest command…and I'll do that by opening the core tools,…clicking the create icon,…and then clicking points of interest.…On the select draw style asset card,…I see a whole list of 3D models that are available.…
It's actually the same list of models that…I saw when I did City Furniture,…but it kind of zooms in on the POI marker…section of the library.…So I'm going to scroll up until I find…this blue flag pin.…I'll select that as the style that I wanna use.…And then I'll double-click a spot…near the center of our development.…Now that flag is actually really small…so I'm going to place my cursor near where…I kinda think it is and zoom in closely…until it comes into view.…
Now I want to change the size of it…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.