Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with points of interest, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- Points of interest can be used…to draw attention to important objects…or locations in your model.…Let's see how they work.…I'm in the Chapter 4 Lynda Heights model…and I've chosen a proposal called…"Points_Of_Interest."…I'll choose the Common Area Iso bookmark…and we'll start with creating a…point of interest right here where our…subdivision project is located.…So to create a point of interest is really simple.…It's almost identical to creating…a city furniture object.…
So I'll expand the InfraWorks toolbar,…click the Create icon,…and then click the Points of Interest tool.…I see the same choices for 3D model styles…that I saw for city furniture,…and I'm going to scroll down…and pick one of these…flagpin styles.…So actually I'm going to pick…this light bluish-green color.…And I'll just double-click a spot…near the center of our development,…let's say right there,…and that's going to create…a really small flag, in this case,…because the default size of this 3D model…is rather small.…
So, no problem.…We already know how to modify objects in InfraWorks.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.