Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with lanes, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] For many road designs…the number of lanes can change…at different points along the length of the road.…Lets take a look at how…InfraWorks 360 handles this need.…I'm going to orbit around,…and we're going to do a very simple…example of how you can change the number of lanes.…Now, typically in a residential subdivision…like this you're not going to have multiple lanes,…it's very low traffic, low volume area.…So, we're going to use the ability…to add lanes to serve another purpose.…
And lets say we want to have a bus pull off…in this area where there are folks…in our development that don't own a car…and they need to take a bus in to town,…or a shuttle service or that sort of thing.…And we want to create an area here in our community…where the bus can pull over and wait for…people to load or unload people...…you get the picture.…So, we can use lanes to do that very easily…and along the way I can show you…how the functionality works.…So, I'm going to click the road…and here in the selected mode section,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.